Assessment/Intake Coordinator Maternity Leave Contract
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Title: Assessment/Intake Coordinator
Location: Markham, ON
Employment Type: Maternity Contract – Full Time, Monday to Friday
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Makos Health Associates (MHA), is looking for an energetic person to join their team as an Assessment/Intake Coordinator. The successful candidate is responsible to schedule and coordinate appointments with clients, physicians and examinees and will possess experience in Accident Benefit claims or training in the area of medical and rehabilitation and is familiar with the Statutory Accident Benefit Schedule. The candidate must comply with MHA’s policy and procedures and adhere to client timelines.
Education and Experience required
High school diploma or equivalent required. A 1-2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a medical office preferred. Post Secondary education is an asset.
As an Assessment Coordinator, you will:
- Answering phones and responding to inquiries from clients, assessors and/or examinees
- Schedule and confirms appointment dates with assessors, examinees and clients
- Communicate with clients regarding appointment scheduling, appointment changes, and receipt of medical records and/or images
- Coordinate with the client to obtain required medical records prior to examination
- Process and prepare of medical file to assessors daily
- Create and process exam notification letters
- Communicate with physicians, clients and/or examinees regarding any schedule changes
- Ensure the appropriate steps are taken to cancel and/or reschedule services upon appointment change or cancellation
- Coordinate ancillary services when needed (transportation, translation, chaperone, etc)
- Handle and responds promptly to incoming calls, e- mails or faxes from physicians or clients
- Process mail, deliveries and couriers as needed
- Participate in various educational and or training activities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fluent command of the English language orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 35 W.P.M.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office
- Solid working knowledge of PIPEDA and best practices
- Ability to accurately and efficiently follow instructions
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently
- Must possess strong tendencies for accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and/or stressful conditions
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events accordingly
- Reliable & efficient and can abide by company’s code of conduct
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common correspondence, medical records, and legal documents.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is generally a sedentary job position that consists of:
- Sitting 8 hours per day
- Walking and standing for brief periods
- Occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally pushing/pulling up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally required to walk multiple flights of stairs.
- Occasionally subject to bending, squatting or twisting.
- Extended hours are occasionally required beyond the regular eight (8) hour work day.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Assessment/Intake Coordinator Application. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will be in touch with you if your resume meets the requirements for the role. All candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity and a background check (credit, criminal, etc.) will be conducted.