Junior Marketing Associate Sales & Marketing Department
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Title: Junior Marketing Associate
City: Markham, ON
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Makos Health Associates (MHA), is looking for an energetic person to join their team as a Junior Marketing Associate. The successful candidate is responsible for actively executing sales strategies, identifying and engaging new business opportunities and servicing client accounts. The candidate will work closely with the management team to meet and exceed the revenue goals and strategic objectives.
Education and Experience required
Certificate or degree in business management, sales, or related field. 1-3 years’ experience in outside sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of claims management relative to WSIB, Statutory Accident Benefit Schedule, liability, and disability is preferred.
Knowledge of the insurance industry an asset
As a Marketing Associate, you will:
- Maintain and grow the current client base as well as prospect new accounts.
- Provide feedback and contribute to short and long term sales and marketing strategies.
- Actively evaluates the overall sales processes and strategies and ensures continued performance and success is achieved.
- Perform market analysis on a regular basis and reviews results with management, making any recommendations for adjustments as needed. (Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Evaluates specific territories and identifies target markets for optimal sales opportunities.
- Nurtures customer relationships and develops and implement strategies for expanding those customer base.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with management
- Ensures the organization is maintaining and improving customer satisfaction to the highest levels and is proactive in problem solving.
- Determines what industry functions, conferences, tradeshows, seminars and meetings the company should attend and when necessary, organizes and conducts client entertainment.
- Ensures clients are fully informed of all updates in regards to policy changes, services and rostered physicians.
- Evaluates the results of overall sales efforts regularly and reports these results to the management team.
- Coordinates sales and marketing meetings as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties or projects as assigned by management.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to divide work requirements between 40% office time and 60% travel.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to execute strategies that differentiate products and services in a competitive market environment.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Ability to use intuition and experience to effectively market the company’s services.
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and develop alternative solutions when dealing with client issues or emotional topics.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to management directions accurately.
- Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and willing to promote a positive team -oriented environment.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company policies.
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards
- Ability to write clearly and informatively to all required audiences
- Ability to respond appropriately and professionally to all inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, management, and/or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small to large groups, to management, and/or clients or vendors of the company.
- Sitting for 5 to 8 hours a day (Extended hours are occasionally required beyond the regular eight (8) hour work day)
- Standing and walking within the office or during travel for extended periods of time.
- Frequent travel, including air travel with overnight stay required.
- Occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally required to walk one or more flights of stairs.
- Occasionally subject to bending, squatting or twisting.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Junior Marketing Associate Application. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will be in touch with you if your resume meets the requirements for the role. All candidates must be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity and a background check (credit, criminal, etc.) will be conducted.